Fees & Policies
My fee is $200 per session when a client prefers to pay for the sessions themselves or else has insurance that I accept out of network (see "For out of network coverage" below to learn how to inquire about these benefits from you insurance company).
Forms of Payment
Venmo is the preferred form of payment. I like to be paid prior to each session. If you have reservations about using Venmo I will address them when we speak.
I accept Aetna insurance in network. If you have another insurance please contact me because I may be in network with your insurance company even though it is not listed here.
Knowing your Benefits
Although I would be confirming benefits and eligibility, it is important that each client be aware of their own mental health coverage. You would call the toll free member services phone number on the back of your insurance card, choosing the option about benefits and ask the following questions:
For in network coverage:
- Does my plan cover outpatient mental health?
- What is my co-payment per session, if any?
- Do I have to meet a deductible? If so, what is the amount of the deductible and how much has already been met? Once I meet the deductible, what co-insurance or copay would I owe?
- My insurance is for a job I just started. When does the coverage begin?
- Is there a maximum number of sessions per year that my health insurance covers?
- Do routine outpatient mental health services have to be authorized? Can you give me the authorization number or does the therapist have to call for it?
- Do I require a referral from my primary care physician for outpatient mental health services?
For out of network coverage:
- Do I have out of network benefits for out-patient mental health?
- What are the terms of my out of network coverage for outpatient mental health?
- Expect to hear a deductible amount that you would have to meet and once met, the "co-insurance" or copay amount per visit that is your responsibility. Ask the representative for the dollar amount since co-insurance is usually expressed as a percentage.
Please feel free to contact me at 212 920-6019 for further information.